Friday 13 January 2017

HOW TO: Create Good Imagery for your Blog ALONE!

How to Blogging Photography
As a blogger newbie, I can definitely relate to the struggles of creating great imagery on my own. Many of us can't afford to hire a photographer, make time for test shoots during work hours, and most importantly, we might not all have an 'Instagram Boyfriend' following us around! No offense to my boyfriend who is AMAZING, but he's a busy guy! And there are way more important things in life than taking the perfect blog picture. My biggest challenge in starting this site has been to enjoy life rather than focus on my content, but come up with great material on my own in my spare time. Here are my top 5 tips:


How to Blogging Photography  2
1. Collab with up and coming photographers: 
Now as I said, finding the time to collab isn't easy. But every once in a while, having someone do the work for you is a huge relief. I allow myself one full day every other month to work with someone who can take great pictures and help me create as much content as I possibly can in one day. IT'S EASIER THAN YOU THINK! You would be surprised at the amount of amazing photographers out there willing to expand their portfolio and experiment with new bloggers. I have, on several occasions, followed photographers on Instagram whom I had found on influencers' profiles and got inboxes from offering to collaborate.  Don't be shy to get in touch with them either! 

2. A friend and a handy camera go a long way: 
The secret to ALL my own imagery (and the ones featured on this post) has been the Olympus Pen. I own an older version, but it is the best if you would like high quality images with very little photography skills. 



Olympus Pen 8




This camera honestly turns every shot into a work of art, no matter who the photographer is. So on a casual coffee date with a friend, I carry it with me, choose my settings, and ask whoever I am with to take a few snaps. It may seem awkward at first, but who isn't taking pictures nowadays? Plus, this can be a really fun activity for you to bond with your friends. 


How to Blogging Photography 3

3. Cool backgrounds are your best bet: 
I have learned that with a good background, even a phone picture will do the trick! Many of the pictures on this website have been taken with my iPhone, but with great natural outdoor lighting and a good background, nobody will ever know!

4. A remote as personal paparazzi: 
If you have already invested in your DSLR camera but can't ever find anyone to take your pictures, there are little remotes you can buy that will take your pictures from a distance! Stick your camera on a tripod, and if you're lucky enough to have a flip screen, take a snap! If not, put it on automatic mode and it will focus on its own! I recommend this one if you can think of a more private area because it can feel a little awkward when people are watching you! I personally only use this method for beauty / makeup photos. 

5. Editing apps will turn an average pictures into a great one: 
Sometimes, a picture can look average, but it will be your job to make sure it matches your aesthetic! I'm not much of a Photoshopper. I think it is too complicated and time-consuming when so much effort is already put into pulling outfits, getting ready and taking the perfect picture. There are PLENTY of apps on the app store you can download for either your computer or phone. I use a number of them, my favorite being 'Fotor.'
There are also free internet tools such as 'picmonkey' that will help you achieve basic editing effects easily. You really won't be able to tell your pictures apart from some of the more popular bloggers out there!

I hope this article has helped a little bit! Here are my outfit details below: 

Top - Boohoo
Shorts - Vintage
Bag - Lady Gaga
Sunnies - Quay Australia x Chrisspy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Literally Dee. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign