Wednesday 25 January 2017

Nineties Throwback

I honestly miss the days when my only worry in the world was looking after my Tamagotchi or making sure my flashing trainers had enough power to get me through the day. Finding this new toy at Urban Outfitters brought back so many memories, and a little bit of nostalgia too. So I was inspired to write about what I miss most from the 90s...  




1. Sending little paper notes in class was so much fun! The whole point of it was doing it at the risk of getting caught by the teacher and have him / her read it in front of the entire class! 

2. Taking pictures with disposable film cameras made every moment so special. You had one shot to capture it, and the rest of the time you actually had to enjoy life and create real memories.

3. Playing 'snake' on my Nokia was one of the most therapeutic activities to pass time. Despite my blatant addiction to my phone nowadays, I wish I could leave it alone for a couple of hours a day. Most of the time, it just causes me stress rather than being convenient. 

4. The idea of buying music and owning it in tangible form made it a lot more exciting. Music is a little too 'available' nowadays. It may give more opportunities to talented artists, however in my opinion, there is a little too much out there to get anyone excited anymore. 

5. I enjoyed reading the TV guide and waiting / anticipating new episodes coming out. Now, I just binge on TV series and forget what happened in previous episodes. 

6. People didn't need fake lips and 5964864 layers of makeup to 'look good'! And little girls never wore as much makeup as adults do. 

7. Having a paper diary meant less flakiness and cancellations. When people made plans, it was for real and there was no easy way out. 

I'm sure I'll think of so many more things when this post goes up, but I'd like you know what YOU miss most from the 90s! So let me know in the comments below 😙 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Literally Dee. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign